We invited Ben Sutton and Mazuma USA to talk about the benefits to small businesses of outsourcing bookkeeping, accounting and tax preparation. Mazuma USA provides small business owners bookkeeping, payroll, and tax services for a flat monthly fee. Plans start at $75 per month. Check out the Special Offer to Flex Business Capital Blog readers at the end of this post.
Meet James and Ed. They are running a small business and doing pretty well. But their accounting consists of a box of receipts under the desk and a folder of receipts in their email. This keeps them up at night because they aren’t sure what their accounts look like all the time, which makes it hard to manage their business.
Then, James and Ed meet Mazuma and offload their bookkeeping. Mazuma takes all those receipts and statements from the past and present and puts them into a bookkeeping system, which gives an overview and detailed look at how the business is doing. The best part is James and Ed don’t have to spend any time learning a new accounting system or doing bookkeeping or filing taxes – Mazuma does it all for a low monthly fee! With the easy-to-read reports Mazuma provides, James and Ed can easily see their business finances and what they can do to make their business better. Plus, they can sleep at night not worrying about taxes or bookkeeping, knowing that Mazuma has that all covered. Now, James and Ed focus on what they do best – running and growing their business.
Imagine being like James and Ed with a team of accountants taking care of your books and taxes. Here are just a few of the benefits of outsourcing your small business bookkeeping and tax services:
- More Time – For small businesses, one of the most scarce and valuable commodities is manpower. In order to keep the business running smoothly and efficiently, business owners cannot afford to waste their time. Because Mazuma’s process is so simple, it takes very little time to set up and just a few minutes each month. Simply email, upload or mail your receipts and Mazuma’s expert bookkeepers take care of the rest of the work to provide managers with valuable information about company finances.
- An Active Participant in Managing Your Company’s Finances – Many online bookkeepers offer little more than access to a piece of software. Small business owners are still required to input the information themselves and hope they haven’t made any mistakes or missed any important details. With Mazuma, your finances are input and reviewed by a team of trained accountants who are familiar with your business and how your finances are run.
- A Readily Accessible Source of Information – If you have questions about how business decisions will impact your company, Mazuma will be a valuable resource. For example, if you’re considering a giveaway on your blog, Mazuma can guide you through the process and offer insights on the effect it will have on finances and taxes. If you want to run a new marketing campaign, Mazuma can help you run the numbers and predict the outcome. Through it all, your Mazuma bookkeeper will keep careful records of your finances so that when tax season rolls around, you’re prepared with a proper strategy.
- Organization & Decreased Liability – Every business has tools it invests in and most of these tools can be deducted on your taxes, like computers, cell phones, vehicles and home office space. Yet if you use those same tools for personal use in addition to business, the situation can get a bit confusing. Your accountant at Mazuma can help you separate business and personal use, making sure you get the biggest deductions while also keeping you out of trouble in case of an audit.
- Increased Financing Opportunities – Whether you’re looking for credit from a bank or from alternative financing, like Flex Business Capital, having your books in order is a good idea. Many lending institutions require outside bookkeeping and audit and all financing options ask for the basic numbers: gross, net, accounts receivables, account payables. Having these numbers always at your fingertips and verifiable by a reputable, external source goes a long way with gaining trust from lenders.
Outsourcing bookkeeping and taxes is a smart decision for small businesses for so many reasons. To learn more about the advantages, visit mazumausa.com.